Technical Details about the multi-media on ARBA4.com
- You need broadband! Most of our files are large and require a lot of bandwidth. The exception may be the MP3 audio files.
- If you watch several shows consecutively, and your system only has minimum memory (less than 512mb), you may begin to experience problems playing the shows. As stated before, our files are large, and put a high demand on your system to play them. As far as we can tell, this is a problem with Windows Media Player / low memory configuration scenarios. In most cases shutting everything down (your browser and player) and starting over seems to clear up the problem. In some rare cases, you may have to restart your whole computer.
- For now, all of our video media files are in the Windows Media 9 or MP3 formats.
- You need Windows Media 9 Player or newer, or a player with those codecs to view the video. These are available for both the PC and Macintosh platforms for free at the MS Media Player Download Page. The MP3 files should play in any standard MP3 player software or device.
- For now, we are providing alternative download links for those with slower or less reliable broadband connections, or for those whose computers do not support streaming while downloading. This is ONLY to allow you to view the files on your own computer. If you are on a dial up modem, and have the time to attempt this, let us know how that works out! We will determine how this feature affects our server load in order to decide whether to continue it. If you use this, please let us know via feedback.
Other than that, it is fairly easy.Please see the sidebar for other sub pages.